Thursday, March 31, 2016

The A-To-Z Challenge 2016: Prelude

If you're a frequent visitor of this blog . . . first of all, thanks for stopping by. Secondly, I know that I don't write here much. Back when I started recapping episodes of Real World/Road Rules Challenge on my own in 2005, I posted 111 entries. In 2006, the number went down to 38. Last year, I posted one time. I don't want to bore people with my mundane life, and that leads to me writing whenever I go away on vacation or to a comic book convention. Or both at the same time.

My friend Nicole guided me to The A-to-Z Challenge for April. The rules are simple . . .  on 26 days in April (not counting Sundays), bloggers write about whatever they want. The kicker: the topic of the day is related to a letter in the alphabet. April 1's theme is "A," April 2 is "B," and so on.

What am I going to (try and) write about in April? My concept is sketches. I have no artistic talent to speak of, but I like going to conventions to get sketches from artists. Heck, I'll be going to the MoCCA Arts Festival this weekend and get some of those along with bits from the alternative comics realm. According to my ComicArtFans account, I am approaching 800 sketches, ranging from freebies at company booths to intricate commissions for money. I have yet to crack three figures for a single sketch, but I have gotten some eye-popping material in my books. And I'm going to be sharing that with readers in April. I have 25 letters covered in terms of artists' last names. If I don't have an "U" by the time it comes up, I'll put out a wild card. Or maybe I'll show the two Ultron sketches I got in 2015.

I hope you swing by each day to see what I got. Comments and suggestions are more than welcome. And I wish my fellow participants good blogging for April.

No comments: