Monday, May 09, 2005

Countdown To TARCon: Viewer's Guide

We're about 26 hours away from the season finale for The Amazing Race. I'll be recording it at home while I'm at TARCon, since some stuff does get lost while cheering/booing/flipping off the TV. I've got every season finale from TAR2 on tape...and recently, I've recorded some other stuff to go along with it. Last time, I got home around 3:30 a.m., went online to post, went to sleep...and woke up around 8 a.m. to record Freddy & Kendra getting their check on The Early Show. Turns out they had an interview before I woke up. No big loss, really. They were so well rested from not showing up to TARCon the previous night. What? Me bitter? Naaaaaaaah.

Here are some shows you might want to check out after the finale:

The Early Show (Wednesday, CBS)

Live awarding of the check and casual grilling of the teams.

Live with Regis & Kelly (Thursday, syndicated)

Ordinarily, Reege and Kelly have the winner on two days after the finale airs. But this time? Rob & Amber. I won't lie...as I saw the listing, I hypervenilated. Then I remembered that those two have their big wedding special on CBS in a few weeks, and I managed to exhale. The show airs in Disneyworld, so if Ramber doesn't win, the winning team might not show up for a while, if ever.

Best Week Ever (Friday, VH1)

Proceed at your own caution. While the network's C- and D-grade talking heads do chat about TAR, it's been mostly about Ramber as of late. They had a segment after the TAR5 finale, with Chip & Kim doing commentary (Chip: "Oh, I can buy the Best Week Ever!") Last season, I saw little clips on that week's shows...but no commentary.

And finally, I have something that TAR5 fans might be interested in...

Highway to Heaven (Tuesday, TV Land)

The synopsis: "A gang threatens elderly actors and an aspiring boxer." And who plays the boxer? Chip McAllister. That's right...two decades before the caviar, the ostrich egg, the twins, "Return of the Prodigal Son, Return of the Prodigal Son," and so on, Chip was an actor. And thanks to some weird coincidence, you can watch this episode right before the finale at 8 p.m., as well as an earlier showing at 3 p.m.

That's it. If I have time, I'll tell you guys about the REAL best week ever...broken oxen, devious cabbies, staged proposals, and a certain lady named Emmy who loves Phil Keoghan more than Mirna.

No comments: