Thursday, February 28, 2013

Heroes For Heroes: The Letter To McDonald's


 After discovering that there are no toys based on Green Lantern: The Animated Series, I wound up going back to K-Mart and getting two Green Lantern-themed figures. Tomorrow, I'm mailing out the stuff to McDonalds' charity in an effort to save GL: TAS and Young Justice. Here's hoping this isn't in vain.
 
February 27, 2013

Ronald McDonald House Charities
One Kroc Drive
Oak Brook, IL 60523

To Whom It May Concern,

            I am donating four action figures to your charity. I need to admit that there is an ulterior motive to these gifts. Cartoon Network is ending two DC Comics-based animated series: Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice. In an effort to try and persuade the network to reverse their decision, I am following an effort to get the attention of McDonald’s, since the chain put toys from both series in their Happy Meals. As a sponsor, McDonald’s could persuade Cartoon Network to change their minds.

            Two of the action figures are from the DC Universe Young Justice line: Superboy and Vandal Savage. Since there is not a line representing Green Lantern: The Animated Series, I wound up finding two miniature figures from the DC Universe “Action League” line: Green Lantern (with Cannon Construct) and Larfleeze (with Glommulus).

            I hope that my contributions will make a difference in bringing back two shows that should not be ending this soon. I do admit that I am content these toys can make a few children happy, regardless on whether Cartoon Network changes their minds or not.

Sincerely,
Jason Borelli

Support Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice (seasons 1 and 2) by getting episodes on iTunes. I cannot recommend "Larfleeze" from GL:TAS enough. It features Larfleeze, who you can see on top in this pic:


One day, I'll have to share all of my sketches. Right now, here's one of Larfleeze I got from Jacob Chabot at Comic Book Jones back in 2010. With twenty pages left in my current sketchbook, I'm thinking that I should ask an artist for Larfleeze and Gollum wrestling for a ring. What do you think?


No comments: