Friday, April 15, 2016

The A-To-Z Challenge 2016: Amy Mebberson

We're officially halfway home for the A-to-Z Challenge. I've had to make a few tough choices, and I'm thinking of doing "bonus" material in May, but things have gone smoothly nevertheless.

Today. I'm focusing on Amy Mebberson. I see her from time to time at the bigger conventions, but I've only gotten five sketches from her so far. Back in 2010, I got two covers sketched by her for The Muppet Show from BOOM! Studios.


From her tables, I saw that she was into Doctor Who. Or maybe I saw her stuff online, such as this take on the Doctor's companions (up to Rose Tyler). I wound up getting two sketches featuring companions from the Fourth Doctor's era: Leela and (the first) Romana.


The last time I hit Amy up was at New York Comic Con in 2012. I had a blank-covered Uncanny Avengers #1 and references of late-Nineties Scarlet Witch from George Perez. Amy knocked it out of the park.



HONORABLE MENTONS: Jerry Ma (a detailed commission of Black Widow on a blank cover), Francis Manapul (three quick sketches), Mark Mariano  (four; including this Miser Brothers-as-Rogues sketch that I use as an avatar during the holidays), Bordin Marsinkul (an outstanding quick commission of Scarlet Witch from Avengers: Age of Ultron), John McCrea (two Hitman-related quick sketches from Comic-Con), Nick Mockoviak  (four, starting with this Superman sketch to start off my sixth book).

No comments: