Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The A-To-Z Challenge 2016: Matt Kindt

Another day, another time to be light on artists. After some deliberation, I figured that Matt Kindt  should get the spotlight today.

I've become familiar with Matt when I got a copy of Super Spy from Top Shelf Productions. While he's been writing on more mainstream titles as of late, it's his unique artistic style that drew me to him. I met him in Baltimore in 2008, where he drew the first Nite Owl from Watchmen.


Less than a year later, I hit him up at MoCCA Arts Festival for Bane. Shortly after that, I got the First Doctor from Doctor Who at Comic-Con International.

 
 

The last time I enlisted Matt was at Big Apple Con in 2011. I came to him with a blank-covered Wolverine #1 and references from the popular "Old Man Logan" storyline. Matt churned out an awesome dystopic take on the character.



HONORABLE MENTIONS: Joe Kelly (four sketches; he'll probably kill me for including him, but he's got a little artistic skill for a writer), Ryan Kelly (two), Barry Kitson (one sketch of Superman from Kingdom Come that has a story to it), Michael Kupperman (six; four from his amusing Tales Designed To Thrizzle series).

1 comment:

J Lenni Dorner said...

J here, of the #atozchallenge Arlee Bird's A to Z Ambassador Team.
How has the challenge been going for you so far? Are you meeting your goals of posting and hopping to other blogs?
My blog's giveaways are still going! I'm encouraging everyone to visit more stops.
http://jlennidornerblog.what-are-they.com
Very nice art.