Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The A-To-Z Challenge 2016: V

Getting back to posting sketches. I don't have much from "V" artists. Before yesterday, I figured that having "Von" or "Van" in the middle of the name didn't count. Apparently, I was wrong. I'll just post what I have.

Jessie Van Gyzen

AnimeNEXT was a fun place to meet new people and get commissions. There was a little miscommunication with Jessie . . . I vaguely recall asking for Winry Rockbell from Fullmetal Alchemist with wrench in hand, in the style of the "We Can Do It!" poster from the Forties. I think it came out well, especially with the top and the bandana.



Ethan Van Sciver

Since Ethan is a "name" talent, I've only gotten head sketches from him . . . both of Green Lanterns, both from 2008.


 Alexia Veldhuisen

Last year, I trekked to Dewey's Comic City in Madison, NJ, for Free Comic Book Day. I finally got around to getting the Master from the Doctor Who movie from 1996 sketched for me by Alexia. The only incarnation I'm lacking now is Professor Yana from "Utopia."

Emilio Velez Jr.

I see Emilio at local conventions, but I have only gotten one sketch from him: Darla Deering (aka Miss Thing) from FF. Emilio's webcomic is The Dodgeball Teens. so Darla was suitably posed.


Rob Vellone

I met Rob at the Fan Expo Canada in 2014. I had a blank-covered Superman #32, and he did a decent Man of Steel for me.


Sean Von Gorman

It's pretty hard to forget the first time I saw Sean. It was at a MoCCA Fest, and he was promoting Secret Adventures of Houdini by escaping from a straitjacket. I don't hit him up often enough, but I'm very satisfied with the results.

 
 
P.S. This is my 300th post! Took me eleven years to get here. Here's hoping I can get to 500 by decade's end.

1 comment:

NV Rivera said...

Jason! I finally made it back to the blogiverse! This post looks amazing! This sketches look so great! Congratulations on your 300th post!!!