Saturday, April 09, 2016

The A-To-Z Challenge 2016: Erica Hesse

Erica Hesse is one of those artists that I see from time to time, and I get stuff from her when I feel like it. Looking back at what I've received from her, I probably should look her up more often.

So far, I've gotten six sketches from her at various shows, five of them in color. Given how stingy I can be at cons, I probably got a bargain each time. We first met in 2009, where I got Jeanmette from Secret Six.


I continued seeing her at events centered around Wild Pig Comics in Kenilworth. Her pin-up style came out good without being filled with cheesecake, and it paired well with TV and movie-based characters.

 
The last few times I saw Erica, I brought blank-covered Marvel comics with me. She knocked those out of the park.
 

 
 
In 2010, I went to Flemington, NJ, for Fusion Comics' Wonder Woman Day. I wound up winning a silent auction, obtaining a Wonder Woman commission from Erica.
 

HONORABLE MENTIONS: Gene Ha (two freebies), Ken Haeser (three villain-based sketches; four if you throw in Mayuri Kurotsuchi from Bleach), Chris Hastings (five sketches, not counting the ones he did inside the Dr. McNinja collections I bought), Fred Hembeck (five, including two based on Who Wants To Be A Superhero?), Kyle Hotz (the first sketch I paid for), Adam Hughes (two quickies, including Pam from Archer with a story attached), Greg Hyland (four sketches, all drawn in Toronto).

No comments: